College and Career Readiness Standards SELF-PACED
Full course description
Those who complete the distance learning professional development offerings will have opportunities to apply training concepts to their own curricula and this training will serve as the launch for an online community of practice focused around creating a warehouse of CCRS-aligned lessons and resources.
Target Audience: Adult Education Teachers and Administrators looking to strengthen their curriculum, improve standards-based alignment to lessons, or support the effective teaching of adult learners.
Learning Objectives: By completion of this professional development offering, trainees should be able to:
· Identify the importance of standards in Adult Education.
· Explain the difference between WIOA and CCRS, highlighting how they support each other and what they look like in the classroom.
· Identify the structure and organization of the CCRS ELA Standards to increase ease and frequency of usage
· Identify the structure and organization of the CCRS Math Standards to increase ease and frequency of usage
· Review the 8 math practices that complement the math content standards
· Explain the ELA instructional shifts and identify what they look like in lessons
· Modify ELA lessons to better align to the CCRS instructional shifts
· Explain the Math instructional shifts and identify what they look like in lessons
· Modify Math lessons to better align to the CCRS instructional shifts
· Align existing lessons to the CCRS benchmarks (or standards if comfort level exists)
· Modify lessons to increase alignment to CCRS standards and identify standards scaffolding opportunities within lessons (progression)
Duration: 5.5 hours of independent work
After meeting the requirements of this course, participants may be eligible to receive 11 hours of Continuing Education Credits that will fulfill the state licensure requirement for teachers.
NOTE: After enrolling in this course, click here for easy access to the Keywe login screen, where you can login and access this course.